Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So much to do and so little time...

I need to find a way to motivate myself. I have quite a few things that are needing my immediate attention and I can't seem to get my butt in gear and get it done.

#1- In the fall, I am transferring up to UWTacoma (I know, I know...It's UW...). I have the application filled out (almost..lol) but i need to send it in, pay the application fee, and order transcripts to be sent there. It's a simple process really. As far as I am aware, it can all be done with the click of a mouse (online), but I keep putting it off. Typical me.

#2- Taxes. Now to be fair, I have been trying to get my dang W2 form from Lady Footlocker for about a month. I finally gave up trying to talk to anyone at the store I worked at and have moved onto 'corporate customer service". That has lead me a little further along this evil path towards filing my taxes. Meh.

#3- I need to talk to my manager about two shifts next week which conflict with the classes I am taking (cheaper to take some classes at CCC *gag* then elsewhere). Hmmm. We shall see how that goes.

#4- Venue Venue Venue. As anal as it may seem planning a wedding a year+ in advance, the Venue really does need to be booked about that far out. So Chris and I are exploring the joys (i.e. stress) of officially trying to start planning this big fiasco ;-)

#5- Apartment hunting. Along with #4, finding an apartment with my fiancee on the other side of the world, and while being 4 hours away (and in a different state), it's not easy to find viable housing options. We have learned already that pictures can be suuuper misleading, so I am trying to set up some tours of a few places on the same day. Oh and don't forget that parking in downtown Tacoma has potential nightmare status. Last year at Hannah Heights, Chris' parking was included w/ rent, and it was on the outskirts of downtown, so it was free for me to park on the street. We are looking at living much more into downtown this time around (closer to campus for me) so the parking situation could be hairy at best, if not downright grizzly.

#6- $$$ I am trying to be super frugal and financially aware right now. My goal for this deployment is/has been to get our/my finances in order, pay off debt, stick a bunch of money in savings and still have a life (I know, right??). So far I am doing pretty well. But a bit ago I found the dress I want to get married in and ordered it. This came earlier then expected, but wasn't a problem. I am just thinking about my budget (which I can get anal about haha) and how to shift it to make paying for the rest of my dress in July is easy.


On a happy note, I am still working (ya for a paycheck!), starting classes next week, and regularly going to the gym. I have been really lucky to really develop a couple of friendships in the past 6 months, while also "de-tarnishing" if you will, some other good friendships. Oh and on the gym note...I have muscle definition in my arms. SERIOUSLY. Who knew that was even possible?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your life sounds complicated! Good luck in your classes lover. And get that application in, I look forward to being able to play a little call of duty :). Love ya tons.