So I went up to Portland today to see one of my best and dearest friends, Miss Cora Olson. We had a fantastic meal, some super yummy chocolate truffles, Lady Grey Tea and plenty of good conversation. Cora is one of those people who you are blessed to find in your company. I am just lucky her parents moved in across the street way back when we were in diapers. 23 years of friendship has proven to yield some fantastic stories. She has more dirt on me then a 3 yr old who's been camping for 2 days.
She is one of those people in my life that is just soothing. I leave feeling relaxed, comforted, just good. I think that for both of us, the older we get, the more we appreciate what we have in each other. It is a gift.
Anyway, we looked at dresses, both mine and for bridesmaids, she gave me good advice on invite and 'save the date' etiquette, and we brainstormed a bit too. I can see her being invaluable in my wedding planning process. Between her craftiness, her organization and her general awesomeness, I am probably going to owe her BIG time when it's all said and done =P
Something I learning, (and have learned before, and will learn again I am sure) is that God knows what is good for me. He knows what I can handle, how much and when. Every single time I find myself really struggling, He throws me a rope and tugs me back to shore. Sometimes it's a sweet message from Chris, or unexpected flowers. Sometimes its a friend keeping me sane. I am constantly reminded about how blessed I am for who and what I have in my life.
Another thing I am working on is being more aware of my facial expression. Sometimes I catch a look of myself in a mirror (normally when I am tired, at work, or thinking about something real hard) and I look ANGRY....so I am trying to remind myself to 'lift my brows' and smile or grin more. I don't want people thinking I am a grump haha.
Okay, I am sleepy. Night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment