Hello all. I am Kristin. I am betting you know me and don't need an introduction. And well, if you don't know me, I wouldn't want to introduce myself over the internet anyway...soooo
Chris asked me to marry him on March 2nd. He was super cute and took me back to the same park where we first became an 'official' couple way back in high school. Funny thing? I totally didn't make the connection til about 4 hours later. He just laughed and said that was part of the plan. So, YAY we are engaged, but BOO he had to leave back to Iraq on the following friday.
It's funny, Chris and I both noticed that it is a programmed question in our culture to ask if a date is set as soon as you hear that someone is engaged. I fully understand this, as I have done that exact thing. But now that I am on the other side (the engaged side), it sort of made me laugh. Like "yes, even though I just got engaged 28 hours ago, I know what day we will be wed, when, where and by whom, plus I booked a caterer. Oh and the invitations will be in the mail tmrw morning.." haha.
Needless to say, we ended up picking a date shortly after he got back to Iraq safely. April 23rd, 2011 =D But oh my Lord, if I manage to stay sane and not completely go berserk trying to figure out the wedding planning maze, it will be a miracle. I am learning very fast, how complicated planning a wedding can be. Now add having your fiancee on the other side of the world? SWEET haha.
That's all folks. More later..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment