Sunday, April 11, 2010

...

So, as of now, most all of the wedding planning is on hold. With a Military wedding, the Army now requires all couples to do pre-wedding counseling. Don't panic, we can do it separate, so no, we don't have to wait until he gets home. BUT, I DO have to drive up to Ft Lewis and go to a day long session, on their schedule. The soonest I can get in is May 7th, but I can't ever seem to get a hold of anyone. I have called at least a dozen times, on different days, at different times. She called me back once, but I was at work. Grr.

So the hold up isn't so much the counseling, but the fact that we can't book the chapel (also the reception venue, caterer, photographer etc) until we have completed the counseling. Sigh. Oh well. Such is life.

As for me, I am trying to work as many hours as possible, taking three classes, and trying (failing) to have any social life or life at all. I am, however, really looking forward to this coming Thursday. Mom and I are going to Seattle to check out some stuff at Pikes, and to look around at some wedding digs. We will also check out some apartments for the fall. And Saturday Cora and Kourtnee, and hopefully Steph are coming to Salem to hang out and do wedding type stuff too. It will be nice to have some friends to lean on and spend time with. I love those three!

I am finding that the second half of this deployment is beginning to be much harder then the first. Is it wedding planning? Built up stress? Loneliness? School? Work? Meh, it's probably a combo of all of the above plus a few other things. But hey, such is life right?

Sorry, that's all I got right now.

1 comment:

Cora said...

I LOVE YOU! Also, if you want to stop in Portland at all on Thursday night let me know. I would love to entertain you and your mom :)